Maitree Diwas Logo and Backdrop Design Competition
Logo and Backdrop Design Contest to celebrate
Maitree Diwas - 50th anniversary of
India-Bangladesh diplomatic relations
Terms and Conditions
- On December 06, 1971, India recognized an independent Bangladesh, borne out of the nine-month long struggle of the Bangalee people for liberation from oppression, for a life of freedom. To cherish this landmark day in history, Government of India and Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh are jointly organizing a Logo and Backdrop designing competition. The logo and backdrop are to represent the spirit of the Bangladesh Liberation War, the ideology and vision of the Bangladeshi struggle, and the spirit of fraternity and solidarity extended to this struggle by the people of India. The purpose is to mark December 06, henceforth as ‘Maitree Diwas’ or Friendship Day.
- The Contest is open to all citizens of India and Bangladesh, resident in respective countries or anywhere in the world.
- The submission of entry is free; and no special qualifications are prescribed.
- An entry could be an individual or a team project, provided participating team members are all nationals of India or Bangladesh, or both.
Submission of Entries
- Entries may be submitted by interested persons on the link provided in the website of High Commission of India in Dhaka https://www.hcidhaka.gov.in/
- The last date for accepting entries is 7 November 2021.
- The design should be the original work of the participant(s). It must not infringe the intellectual Property Rights of any third party, individual or company. Entrants must file a declaration indemnifying the governments of India and Bangladesh from any future legal liabilities stemming from infringement of others’ copyright, or commission of plagiarism. Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright, or committing plagiarism, would be disqualified from the competition.
- Government of India and Government of Bangladesh do not bear any responsibility for copyright violations or infringements of intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- The contest will take place in two categories-one for logo and the other for backdrop design. An entrant cannot submit more than one entry for each category but can submit separate entry for each of the two categories. Multiple entries from the same entrant for one category will not be considered and will be rejected.
- Every entry should be accompanied by a brief written explanation of the Design and how it best symbolizes the concept of ‘Maitree Diwas’.
- The participant must ensure that his/her profile shared on database is updated since the organizers would be using these contact details for further communication. This includes details such as name, photograph, complete postal address, email ID and phone number, as well as proof of Indian or Bangladesh citizenship.
- Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered and are liable to be rejected.
Guidelines for preparing entries
- All fonts should be converted to outlines.
- The participant must upload the soft copies (in .jpg or .png format only) of their Logo design (in A3 Paper Size) and Backdrop design (in A3 Paper Size).
- The Logo and Backdrop design must be two separate, distinct designs.
- The landscape oriented backdrop design should contain the name of the day both in Hindi and Bangla (मैत्री_दिवस_२०२१ : মৈত্রী দিবস_২০২১); keep provision to suitably place the selected logo and integrate in the design (i) the title of the event (“Celebrating 50 years of Bangladesh-India Friendship” or Celebrating 50 years of India-Bangladesh Friendship”-in countries where India is taking the organizational and financial lead) (ii) national flags of both Bangladesh and India and (iii) portraits of the Father of the Nation of both Bangladesh and India.
- The entry must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- File should be of high resolution – at least 300 pixels per inch at 100% size.
- File should look clean (not pixelated or bitmapped) when viewed on screen at 100%.
- Entries sent once shall not be returned.
- The final selected logo and backdrop shall become the intellectual property of the Government of India and Government of Bangladesh. The designer shall not have any right over the same, beyond recognition and the award.
- Both Governments shall have the right to use, print or reproduce the prize winning logo and backdrop in any form they deem fit.
- The responsibility to comply with the guidelines and other conditions fully lies with the participant(s); neither the Government of India nor the Government of Bangladesh will be liable for any dispute raised by entrants or by any third party.
- All entries received by the stipulated date and if found to be in order, shall be evaluated by a Selection Committee, comprising of officials from Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Bangladesh.
- The Government of India and Government of Bangladesh, if they so decide, reserve the right to not proceed with the competition at any stage.
- The entries will be judged on the basis of elements of creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, simplicity, artistic merit and visual impact and how well the theme is communicated.
- For each category of contest, the selected winners will be awarded the First prize of US$ 1,000, Second prize US$ 700, Third prize US$ 500, and 5 consolation prizes of US$ 200 each; the sum due will be paid in equivalent INR or BDT to only an account maintained in India or Bangladesh.
- The winners will be notified through email address that he/she provides along with his/her submission. The Social Media Handles of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Bangladesh shall also display and publicize names of the winners.
- Taxes are the sole responsibility of the contestant receiving prize. Prize may be subject to tax reporting and other purposes. Participants shall agree to supply any necessary information to effect the same and to fully cooperate in fulfilling all applicable legal requirements.
- Any Government employee, of either country, participating in this competition should have prior permission from their employer to participate in this competition. The Government of India and the Government of Bangladesh bear no responsibility for ensuring compliance of participants with any disciplinary or procedural rules of their employer(s).
Click here to participate in the competition